What is Toothache:
Toothache usually refers to pain around the teeth or jaws primarily as a result of a dental condition. Toothaches is one of the common dental problems that people of every age are prone to. The pain usually starts suddenly and it can vary from mild discomfort to a severe throbbing, which is often worse at night. The area of your jaw close to the infected tooth may also be sore and tender to the touch. Toothache can either come and go or be constant. Eating or drinking can make the pain worse, particularly if the food or drink is hot or cold.
Cause of Toothache:
As well as tooth decay, toothache may be caused by:
* Tooth abscess
* Tooth fracture
* A damaged filling
* Repetitive motions, such as chewing gum or grinding teeth (Infected gums)
* Tooth decay.
Symptoms of a toothache may include:
* Tooth pain that may be sharp, throbbing, or constant. In some people, pain results only when pressure is applied to the tooth.
* Swelling around the tooth.
* Fever or headache.
* Foul-tasting drainage from the infected tooth.
Remedies for Toothache:
* Placing a clove of garlic with little rock salt on the affected tooth helps relieve or even cure the pain.
* Toothache pain is often allayed by placing a small piece of onion on the bad tooth or gum, since onion has antibacterial properties that kill the germs in the mouth.
* Heat up an unused tea bag and put it on the tooth. The soothing properties of tea leaves will help reduce the pain for at least 3 hours.
* This rich source of vitamin C prevents tooth decay and also provides toothache pain relief.
* Putting potato pieces directly on your hurting tooth for 15 minutes. Try it out, it might just work.
* This is an effective toothache natural cure. Applying a paste made from bay berry bark mixed with vinegar helps relieve the toothache.
* Clove oil, put directly onto the affected tooth or dabbed with a cotton ball on the decayed tooth, relieves toothache.
* A pinch of pepper powder mixed with common salt is an excellent cure. It’s especially effective against the increased sensitiveness of the teeth.
* A salt water mouthwash gets rid of tooth infection and helps cure toothache. Thorough rinsing of the mouth with salt water is important.
* A good home remedy for toothaches is to Place 2 – 3 drops of vanilla extract on the tooth that is aching this will provide instant pain relief.