What is Obesity:
Obesity is a condition that is associated with having an excess of body fat, defined by genetic and environmental factors that are difficult to control when dieting. Obesity is classified as having a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or greater. BMI is a tool used to measure obesity. Obesity increases your risk of developing related conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnea, to name a few. Many individuals are affected by obesity and are not aware of it.
Experts believe if the current trends continue by 2015 approximately 2.3 billion adults will be overweight and more than 700 million will be obese. The scale of the obesity problem has a number of serious consequences for individuals and government health systems.
Types of Obesity:
The fat distribution in the body is identified among the two types of obesity android and gynoid. Android in the male type of obesity where excess fat is marked in the upper half of the body.
Android type of obesity is likened to the shape of an apple. The shoulders, face, arms, neck, chest and upper portion of the abdomen are bloated.
In this type the lower part of the body has the extra flesh. This type of obesity is also common to both sexes though females are more affected. Gynoid type of obesity is similar to pears.
* Eating processed or fast food.
* Not eating fruit, vegetables and unrefined carbohydrates.
* Drinking too much alcohol.
* Eating out a lot.
* Eating larger portions than you need.
* Comfort eating.
• Sweating a lot.
• Difficulty sleeping.
• Inability to cope with sudden physical activity.
• Feeling very tired every day.
• Back and joint pains.
• High blood pressure.
• High cholesterol.
* First thing in the morning have one glass of warm water with juice of half a lime and 1 tsp honey.
* As soon as you wake up in the morning workout for at least 30min to an hour.
* 3 tsps lime juice with 1/2 tsp pepper powder and some honey in 1 cup water. Drink this for 3 – 4 months.
* Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal. It will also help you in obesity natural cure.
* Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.
* Two teaspoon of lime juice added to water also helps in loosing weight. Have it frequently.
* Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. Have some salads, vegetables with it.
* Eat tomato in the morning and in salad. Make it a regular habit.
* Exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. It will burn all your calories.
* Eat three regular meals a day. Don’t skip any meal.
* Avoid high calorie foods like chocolates, ice cream, sweets, butter, heavy refined foods which have high calories.
* Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.
* Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
* All kinds of milk products-cheese, butter, and non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.