What is Nausea:
Nausea is a sensation of unease and discomfort in the upper stomach with an involuntary urge to vomit. Nausea can be acute and short lived, or it can be prolonged. Nausea is very common and can occur for a variety of reasons and can often be treated. Left untreated, nausea will typically dissipate, but often the discomfort a patient feels lasts too long for a natural cure. People often refer to vomiting as “throwing up.” When you vomit, your stomach muscles contract (squeeze) and push the contents of your stomach out through your mouth. You might or might not feel nauseated.
Nausea is the sensation of illness focused on the stomach, and can be caused by chemical reactions within the stomach that are off balance. Nausea typically does not lead to vomiting, although most patients physically feel relieved if vomiting occurs. Nausea is a signal that the stomach acids require balancing and can often be cured with a simple antacid. Severe cases of nausea can lead to a temporary inability to function.
What Causes Nausea:
Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms of many conditions such as:
* Motion sickness or seasickness
* Early stages of pregnancy (nausea occurs in approximately 50%-90% of all pregnancies; vomiting in 25%-55%)
* Medication-induced vomiting
* Intense pain
* Emotional stress (such as fear)
* Food poisoning
* Infections (such as the “stomach flu”)
* A reaction to certain smells or odors
* Heart attack
• Abdominal pain
• Body aches
• Fever and chills
Home Remedies for Nausea:
* Eat lemon with salt.
* You can have a mild tea or have gingerale which help to soothe your stomach. You can also have slippery elm, red raspberry as well as herbal candies.
* Drink rice water.
* Give the stomach a rest from eating.
* Peppermint or chamomile tea is capable of getting rid of the nauseating feeling.
* Do not go to sleep immediately after a heavy meal.
* You can use fresh piece of ginger in your tea and have it to get relief from this problem.
* Drink plain water.
* Eat carbohydrates like crackers or bread.
* Consume 1/2 tea spoon grounded cumin seed to find relief from nausea and vomiting.