What is Sleep Disorders:
Most of us have experienced trouble sleeping at one time or another. This is normal and usually temporary, due to stress or other outside factors. But if sleep problems are a regular occurrence and interfere with your daily life, you may be suffering from a sleep disorder.
Sleeping disorders is a medical disorder of the sleep patterns of a person or animal. Some sleep disorders are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental and emotional functioning. A test commonly ordered for some sleep disorders is the polysomno graphy.
Types of Sleeping Disorders:
* Insomnia a hard time falling or staying asleep.
• Sleep apnea breathing interruptions during sleep.
• Restless legs syndrome a tingling or prickly sensation in the legs.
• Narcolepsy daytime “sleep attacks”.
Sleep Disorders Symptoms:
* Feeling sleepy or irritable during the day
* Difficulty staying awake while sitting (i.e. watching television, reading a book)
* Falling asleep while driving
* Difficulty concentrating at work, school, or home
* Others tell you often you look tired
* Memory problems
* Slow reaction
* Emotional outbursts
* A feeling that you need to nap everyday
* Need caffeinated beverages to make it through the day
Sleep Disorders Causes:
Sleep disorders are very common and can result from a number of causes. Stress, illness, diet (e.g., caffeine, alcohol) and medications (e.g., antidepressants) all can cause sleep problems.
Sleep Disorder Remedies:
* Drinking a glass of warm milked mixed with honey is one of the oldest yet effective natural home remedies for Sleeping Disorders as it induces sleep.
* Combing hair before retiring is also a good practice for good night’s sleep.
* A combination of buttermilk, cinnamon and honey is useful home remedy used to get rid of sleeping ailments.
* Prepare your bedroom for a goodnight rest by keeping it dark and apply slow music that will induce sleepiness.
* Elimination of cow’s milk from the diet for some time and then reintroducing it helps to cure Sleeping Disorders like Insomnia in small children.
* If married, make love to your partner. Its relaxing and helps you in getting a good quality sleep.
* Lettuce juice is a valuable home remedy for sleeping troubles as it induces healthy sleep.
* Massage feet, calves, nape of the neck and shoulders.
* Having hot baths two hours prior to bedtime help to soothe the mind and body and regulate sleeping patterns.
* Do meditation for helping you deal with day-to-day stresses and worries. Stress is the worst enemy of sleep.
* Try to avoid sleeping on the back. Instead sleep laterally in a comfortable posture to get rid of sleeping problems.