Here are some beauty tips of Bipasha Basu.
1. Drink 10 glasses of water a day.
2. Apply sunscreen with a high SPF every time I step out in the sun.
3. Eat small meals, around six times a day at regular intervals. Involve the super foods in your diet judiciously.
4. Exercise 4 times a week at minimum for an hour a day.
5. Minimum 7-8 hours of sleep a day.
6. Use good quality make up products.
7. Removal of make up is very important too.
8. Keep your skin clean.
* NORMAL TO DRY SKIN half cup cold milk + 5 drops of olive/sesame oil. Put this in a bottle and shake well. Cleanse skin with cotton wool with this mixture twice a day. Softens the Skin.
* OILY SKIN Rose water + Lemon Juice in same proportions. Cleanse your skin with it or keep it on for 10 minutes and wash. Reduces pimples and acne.
* OILY TO COMBINATION SKIN one fourth teaspoon Lemon Juice + One teaspoon cold milk + one teaspoon Cucumber Juice. Cleanse face with this and wash.
9. Hydrate your skin with moisturizer from a good brand depending on your skin type.
10. Use natural homemade face scrubs and packs.
* NORMAL TO DRY SKIN one teaspoon Gram Flour (besan) + one teaspoon Lemon Juice + one teaspoon Sesame Oil + one teaspoon Milk powder. Apply on face for 15 minutes, dampen with water and rub off gently. Wash.
* OILY TO COMBINATION SKIN one teaspoon Gram Flour (besan) + One teaspoon Lemon Juice + One teaspoon Rice Flour + Two teaspoons of yogurt. Apply on face for 15 minutes, dampen with water and rub off gently. Wash.
11. Eye care before sleeping put almond oil around your eyes using your ring finger gently.
12. Hair should always be cleaned with a good shampoo and conditioner. (I personally, like my brand Clinic All Clear, it’s for all hair types). Once a month, a deep conditioning treatment must be done. Take one teaspoon vinegar + one teaspoon glycerin + one egg. Beat it together well. Massage mixture into scalp. Then wrap the hair in a hot towel for 20 minutes before washing. This gives the hair body and bounce and it keeps it shiny and manageable. Also, I highly recommend a head massage, once a fortnight with olive, coconut, or almond oil mixed with castor oil
13. Good pedicure and manicure is a must.
14. Do not overlook the body and only take care of the face. For body apart from a wash use a scrub occasionally.
* OILY SKIN Gram Flour (besan) + a little Turmeric Powder + Yogurt. Apply paste for 20 minutes on the entire body. Scrub it off with water, for healthy glowing skin.
* DRY SKIN Gram Flour (besan) + a little Turmeric Powder + Cream of milk (malai). Apply paste for 20 minutes on the entire body. Scrub it off with water, for healthy glowing skin.
One constant question that people keep asking me is how well, or badly I eat, to keep my figure. I know a lot of people expect me to tell them about diets and calories, but I prefer a better tack. Know your food and make sure that your body has all the nutrients it needs.
Anything more, and you’d better spend the rest of the day at the gym.
1. Garlic, Onions, Leeks, Chives, Shallots Enhances elimination of toxins and carcinogens, helps prevent cancer.
2. Barley Lowers blood cholesterol levels, protects against cancer, good source of vitamin B, keeps blood sugar levels stable.
3. Green Foods (Wheat grass, barley grass, spirulina). Diminishes allergies, protects liver from toxins and lowers the blood pressure and cholesterol.
4. Beans and Lentils low in fat, calories and sodium, but high in complex carbohydrates and dietary fibers. These also provide essential fatty acids like omega-6s and are an excellent source of protein.
5. Hot Peppers (Sweet Bell Peppers and Hot chilies) – anti inflammatory, analgesic, anti cancer, source of vitamin c, arthritis relief, sinus soother and fat burner.
6. Nuts and Seeds (macadamia nuts, almonds, pistachios, peanuts, sesame seeds, flax seed, walnuts, pumpkin seeds) – decreases risk of cancer, heart diseases and diabetes. Helps in weight control and reduces wrinkles and sagging skin.
7. Sprouts high source of protein and vitamin c.
8. Yogurt rich in calcium which helps in weight reduction and it enhances immune functions.
9. Berries and Plums (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, gooseberries) – these are anti-aging and reduces cardiac problems, arthritis and cancer.
10. Oranges and Lemons these boost collagen production, which Is the building block of skin tissues.
11. Tomatoes it raises the skin sun protection factor (SPF), works like an internal sun block.
12. Fish (salmon, trout and mackerel) these are rich in omega-3 which is great for good skin.
13. Water hydrates cells and flushes toxins making skin radiant.
1. Sugar: It causes zits, unwanted calories, and enlarges skin pores.
2. Packaged Foods: Gives constipation, which affects the skin badly as these foods lack fiber.
3. Crash Diets: You lose the skin glow by not eating and depriving your body of its nutrients.