What is Back Pain:
One of the most common problems in the world today is back pain problems. Everyone goes through back pain problems at some point in their life. Back pain is pain felt in the back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine.
Back pain is common and affects most people at some point in their life. It usually feels like an ache, tension or stiffness in your back. The pain can often be divided into neck pain upper back pain, lower back pain or tailbone pain. It may have a sudden onset or can be a chronic pain it can be constant or intermittent, stay in one place or radiate to other areas.
Causes of Back Pain:
Back pain is more common in tasks that involve:
1. Lifting heavy or bulky loads;
2. Carrying loads awkwardly, possibly one handed;
3. Repetitive tasks, packing of products;
4. Long distance driving or driving over rough ground, particularly if the seat is not, or cannot be, properly adjusted;
5. Stooping, bending or crouching, including work at PCs (poor posture);
6. Pushing, pulling or dragging heavy loads;
7. Working beyond normal abilities and limits;
8. Working when physically tired;
9. Stretching, twisting and reaching;
10.Prolonged periods in one position.
Symptoms Of Back Pain:
The symptoms for back pain are:
* Persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along your spine, from the base of the neck to the hips.
* Sharp, localized pain in the neck, upper back, or lower back especially after lifting heavy objects or engaging in other strenuous activity.
* Bladder or bowel control trouble.
* Weakness in one or both legs
Remedies for Back Pain:
1. Take 1 cup uncooked rice and tie it in a thick cloth (or fill it in a thick sock) Heat this cloth pack in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds on medium low. Apply it to the back. Keep the temperature tolerable.
2. Every time you lift something, remember to bend your knees first, this will prevent your lower back from getting tense causing damage to your spine and back muscles.
3. Two cups epsome salts should be mixed in water in bathtub and the patient should soak in it for about 30 minutes.
4. If pain disturbs your sleep, put pillows under your knees when lying on your back.
5. Apply ice packs immediately after back strain or injury. It reduces inflammation and helps numb pain. To prepare a cold compress, pack a few crushed cubes of ice into a plastic bag. Cover this bag with a towel, and apply it to the back for about 15-20 minutes. After 30 minutes, repeat the process.
6. Shed those extra kilos around your tummy so as to relief you’re back from bearing extra pressure.
7. Consume warm water mixed with one tablespoon of honey to get rid of back pain.
8. Regular exercise and brisk walk keeps our spine muscle strong that helps in over all strengthening of our whole vertebral coloumn.
9. Massage the stained area with castor oil, which helps in giving good relief from the trouble of back pain and inflammation.
10. Avoid direct bending for picking any thing from the ground instead bend your knees and then pick up the object to save our spine from undue pressure.
11. Infrared radiations followed by hot fomentation and then alternate sponging helps in giving instant relief from pains.
12. When the back starts hurting, apply an ice pack to reduce pain and swelling.