What is Oily Skin:
Oily skin occurs when the sebaceous glands are over-active and produce excessive oil. It can potentially clog pores and attract bacteria causing frequent breakouts. Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. The oil oozes and gives the skin a greasy shine. The pores are enlarged and the skin has a coarse look.
Oily shiny skin is most common in the T-zone—the forehead, nose and chin—although some people have oily skin over their entire face. The T-zone is more likely to produce excess oil than any other area of the face due to larger, more active oil glands.
Causes of Oily Skin:
* Hormone levels
* Birth control pills
* Cosmetics you use
* Humidity and hot weather
Because of the hormonal shifts of adolescence, oily skin is common in teenagers, but it can occur at any age.
Remedies for Oily Skin:
* Rinsing your face with clean cool water during the day is a great way to keep oil from producing on the skin.
* Crab apple Make a paste. Apply all over the face and neck. Leave for 20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water. It is a rich source of alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) which tone, soften and moisturize dull oily skin.
* Dab a few drops of pure tea tree oil on blemishes several times per day.
* Spot treat blemishes and acne prone facial areas by dabbing a bit of aloe Vera onto the skin and let it dry.
* Almond meal and lemon rind- Make a facial scrub with 2 tablespoon almond meal, 1 tablespoon ground lemon rind and 3-4 tablespoon milk. Gently scrub your face and get rid of the excess oil.
* Mix up a mud mask using equal amounts of raw honey and green clay powder. Apply evenly to your face, and let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
* Rose petals, chamomile and geranium oils. Throw some rose petals in your tub and add 3-4 drops of chamomile oil and 1 drop of geranium oil. Soak your body in the sweet aroma. The chemicals in the petals and the oils act as a classic toner for oily skin.
* Mix together a one-to-one ratio of rose water and sandal wood powder. Smooth over your skin, let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
* Wheat germ oil Massage your face with the oil. Leave it on for 1 hour before washing with tepid water. Natural vitamin E, a powerful anti oxidant, in this oil prevents skin damage caused by UV rays and environmental pollution. It is great for softening the skin.
* You’ll add germs and dirt to the skin without realizing it.