What is Nasal Allergy:
A nasal allergy is a reaction to a substance that is harmful to the body. Allergens that are spread in the air, such as dust, pollen, smoke, and pet dander can enter the nose and irritate the inner lining, leading to an allergic reaction.
An individual who suffers from a nasal allergy may experience a runny nose, frequent bouts of sneezing, and red eyes. The nose, eyes, and ears often become itchy, and severe reactions can lead to difficulty breathing as the sinuses and throat become inflamed.
Nasal Allergy Symptoms:
* Stuffy, congested nose.
* Runny nose.
* Itching in the nose, roof of the mouth, ears and/or throat.
* Itchy and/or watery eyes.
* Coughing, caused by mucus running down the back of your throat (post nasal drip).
Causes of Nasal Allergy:
Nasal allergies are an exaggerated response of the immune system to usually harmless substances.
* You may inherit a tendency for allergic responses.
* It may take many exposures over a long period of time to develop an allergic response to a particular substance.
* Factors that may contribute to nasal allergies include: exposure to cigarette smoke, being a low birth weight baby, being a bottle fed baby, being born during high pollen seasons.
Home Remedies for Nasal Allergy:
1. Make a solution of boiled minced grape fruit and lemon and add to it some honey, and drink it 2-3 times a day. This helps in curing hay fever.
2. One of the best ways to cure yourself is nasal irrigation. It is a personal hygiene practice in which warm saline water floods the nose cavity with the help of a syringe or neti pot, which helps to clear out excess mucus and moisturize the cavity.
3. Green tea with honey and thyme tea with a dosage of not more than 1-2 cups also helps in curing the nasal allergy.
4. To get relief from nasal congestion boil some chamomile and inhale the fumes.
5. Eat a well-balanced diet, include a lot of protein, vitamin B and C, this will help you strengthen your immune system.
6. Vegetable juices (made of spinach and cabbage) taken on a daily basis for at least 10 days proves very beneficial.
7. Ginger and garlic are among the best immunity builder so add them in your daily diet.
8. Cover your mattress, pillows etc. with plastic to protect it from dust mites and wash your bed covers, curtains and pillow covers in hot water.
9. Do not let your pet enter your bedroom.
10. Avoid smoking cigarette, perfumes and make your home smoke free.
11. Avoid wall to wall carpet in your bedroom and vacuum floors and furniture often.
12. Use of natural crystal is another option of curing it. Nasal allergy is mainly due to lack of certain energy in the body which can be increased by the crystal.