What is Itching Skin:
Itchy skin is an uncomfortable, irritating sensation that makes you want to scratch. Also known as pruritus (proo-RIE-tus), itchy skin may be the result of a rash or another condition, such as psoriasis or dermatitis. Or itchy skin may be a symptom of a disease, such as liver disease or kidney failure.
Itching is a tingling or irritation of the skin that makes you want to scratch the affected area. Itching may occur all over the whole body or only in one location. Itching may occur all over the whole body (generalized) or only in one location (localized).
Itching Skin Causes:
* Dry skin
* Internal diseases
* Nerve disorders
* Allergic reactions
* Kidney Failure
Symptoms Itchy Skin:
Symptoms that can occur with itching include rash, dry skin, jaundice, and skin lesions. Serious symptoms that can occur with itching include severe hives, fainting, difficulty breathing, wheezing, mouth or tongue swelling, and facial swelling.
Itching Skin Remedies:
* Anti-itch lotions and ointments are the most effective remedies for itchy skin.
* Mixing three parts of baking soda in one part of water and applying the resultant paste on the affected area helps stop itching sensation on skin.
* Honey and cold pressed olive oil are also beneficial home remedies for itchy skin.
* Use a high quality moisturizing cream on your skin. Apply this cream at least once or twice daily.
* Aloe Vera gel is also one of the most effective remedy for itchy skin.
* Wear smooth textured cotton clothing. This will help you avoid irritation.
* Avoid scratching whenever possible. Cover the itchy area if you can’t keep from scratching it. Trim nails and wear gloves at night.
* Applying coconut oil mixed with lemon juice serves as a good natural remedy for Itchy Skin. Moreover, coconut oil also provides nourishment to the skin.
* Prepare nettle tea by steeping a teaspoon of dried nettle leaves in a cup of boiling water for about 15 minutes. Finally, have one or two cups of this tea to get rid of Itchy Skin.
* Application of a piece of cloth soaked in basil tea or mint tea is useful in the natural treatment for Itchy Skin.
In the meantime, you can take some steps to help deal with the itch:
* Avoid scratching or rubbing the itchy areas. Keep fingernails short to avoid damaging the skin from scratching. Family members or friends may be able to help by calling attention to your scratching.
* Wear cool, light, loose bedclothes. Avoid wearing rough clothing, particularly wool, over an itchy area.
* Take lukewarm baths using little soap and rinsing thoroughly. Try a skin-soothing oatmeal or cornstarch bath.
* Apply a soothing lotion after bathing to soften and cool the skin.
* Use moisturizer on the skin, particularly in the dry winter months. Dry skin is a common cause of itching.
* Apply cold compresses to an itchy area.
* Avoid prolonged exposure to excessive heat and humidity.
* Take part in activities that distract from the itching during the day and make you tired enough to sleep at night.
* Try over-the-counter oral antihistamines such as diphenhy dramine (Benadryl), but be aware of possible side effects such as drowsiness.
* Try over-the-counter hydro cortisone cream on itchy areas.