What is Whiteheads:
Whiteheads are formed by skin oil and cells that gather and harden on the face. Whiteheads are pimples that are filled with pus and this is what gives them their name. Like most acne, whiteheads are formed when excess oil from the sebaceous glands clogs up the pores or hair follicles on the skin.
Whiteheads are closed from the top of the skin by the cellular fragments at the follicle opening. Due to the closed top surface, whiteheads are not exposed to oxygen.
Causes of Whiteheads:
Whiteheads and other skin conditions usually manifest themselves among the youth going through puberty when the sebaceous glands are at their most active. This attributed to the growth and prevalence of the hormone androgen both in males and females of puberty age. The androgens’ excess levels encourage the enlargement of the sebaceous glands and the overproduction of the sebaceous oil, sebum.
Home Remedies for Whiteheads:
1. Drink plenty of water and fresh fruits and fruit juices.
2. Simply rubbing the face with lemon skin twice in a week is one of the simplest Whitehead home remedies.
3. sandalwood paste made with rose water. Applying this paste every night will make your skin glow as well.
4. Grated potatoes can be applied as poultice to remove Whiteheads effectively.
5. Calendula and chamomile tea after cooling can be sprayed or dabbed on to the affected areas.
6. Make a scrub using green gram flour with jojoba oil. Use it instead of cosmetic facial scrub products. It will eliminate your whiteheads within a few days.
7. The paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves in water on the whiteheads every night and wash with warm water the next morning.
8. Facial steaming is one of the most popular home treatments for Whiteheads and Blackheads. Steam the face for about 10 minutes to open clogged hair follicles.
9. Wash your face on and off with good medicated soap and lukewarm water so that no dirt and impurities are left on the skin.
10. Take the white of one egg and mix it thoroughly with one teaspoon of honey. Apply this mixture on and around the affected area of your skin.
11. Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of whiteheads and pimples.
12. Apply the tomato pulp to your blackheads and whiteheads before going to bed. Leave the tomato pulp on your face while you sleep and then wash your face in warm water in the morning.