What is a Hangover:
It is common for people to get happy and cheerful when they are out with their friends in a club or a restaurant but this happiness turns over to a little bit of craziness when you get drunk. A hangover describes the sum of unpleasant physiological effects following heavy consumption of alcoholic beverages. Hangover is most mostly unite with the after do of large intake of spirit. This item survey the cures and fix valid for spirit hangovers.
A hangover is a collection of signs and symptoms linked to a recent bout of heavy drinking. The sufferer typically has a headache, feels sick, dizzy, sleepy, confused and thirsty. Hangovers can occur at any time of day, but are usually more common the morning after a night of heavy drinking. As well as physical symptoms, the person may also experience elevated levels of anxiety, regret, shame, embarrassment, as well as depression.
Hangover headache is one of the most common types of headaches. Hangover headache induced headache occurs from four to twenty four hours after the end of drinking and can cause migraine like symptoms including unilateral throbbing pain with photophobia in migraineurs.
What Causes a Hangover:
Hangovers are caused by drinking too much alcohol. A single alcoholic drink is enough to trigger a hangover for some people, while others may drink heavily and escape a hangover entirely. In general, however, more than three to five alcoholic drinks for a woman and over five to six for a man will usually result in a hangover.
Unfortunately, too many of us are familiar with the symptoms of a hangover:
* Headaches and muscle aches
* Nausea, vomiting or stomach pain
* Poor or decreased sleep
* Increased sensitivity to light and sound
* Dizziness or a sense of the room spinning
* Rapid heartbeat
* Red, bloodshot eyes
* Decreased ability to concentrate
* Mood disturbances, such as depression, anxiety and irritability
The following are the basic things you need to do when you have a hangover.
* Drink plenty of water and try to stay away from coffee and carbonated drinks.
* Drink orange juice for Vitamin C.
* Milk, yogurt and frozen fruits would always be effective cures for hangovers.
* Drink a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade.
* Eggs are also natural cure for hangovers.
* Nausea can be treated with ginger. To counteract the effects of the same, drinking ginger ale is highly recommended.
* Eat mineral rich food like pickles or canned fish.
* Mixed fruits are one great way to treat your hangover. Fruits such as bananas, peaches, grapes and strawberries make good smoothies for hangover cure.
* Alcohol causes loss of potassium from your body. Eating a banana may help regain lost potassium.
* Other clear liquids like soup are recommended until the stomach is strong enough for solid food after which easy to digest foods like toast are ideal.
* if you can manage to get back to sleep, you will probably recover a little bit faster. Make sure you have some water next to your bed.
How to Prevent Hangovers:
* Never drink on an empty stomach.
* Take a shower, switching between cold and hot water.
* Try to avoid sweet drinks (and sugary foods) while you drink.
* Limit yourself to less than 1 drink per hour.
* Try to alternate your alcoholic drinks with nonalcoholic beverages such as water.
* Avoid alcohol completely to prevent hangovers.