What is Runny Nose:
Runny nose (rhinorrhea) occurs when nasal tissues and blood vessels become congested or swollen with excess fluid or mucous that runs out your nose or down the back of your throat. A runny nose may not hurt, but it certainly is annoying.
What’s more, if not cared for properly, nasal discharge can lead to sinus problems, coughing and ear aches. A runny nose may be annoying and uncomfortable, but it usually clears up on its own. Sometimes a runny nose indicates a more serious problem.
Symptoms of Runny Nose:
* Itching of nose, mouth, eyes, throat, palate, ear and skin
* Red and watery eyes
* Runny and stuffy nose
* Non stop sneezing
Causes of Runny Nose:
* Bacterial infections
* Hay fever
* Head injury
* Nasal sprays
* Small objects in the nostril (especially in children)
Runny Nose Remedies:
* Using a humidifier is also an effective runny nose remedy. This will prevent excessive dryness of the nose.
* Prepare with a cup of warm water and mixed with one tea spoon of honey with equal amount of lemon juice or two slices of lemon pieces.
* Try not to sit in air-conditioner room for too long when one is having a runny nose as this will worsen the situation. Keep yourself warm always and wear a jacket when needed.
* Try to massage the area around your nose “called bridge” gently, up and down as these helps one to breathe easily and feel more relief.
* Find out what you are allergic to. If total avoidance is not possible, cover your nose and mouth while dealing with such allergens.
* Another effective remedy is ginger. Ginger is helpful in draining the nasal passages and in maintaining normal body temperature.
* Putting plain heated mustard oil in the nostrils through a dropper is another popular natural cure for Runny Nose. Use this oil on one nostril at a time as it has a strong smell.
* Another helpful runny nose remedy is water and salt solution. To use this solution simply put a few drops into your nostrils and gently blow your nose. Although this can be an irritating procedure, when you get used to it, you can easily obtain relief from runny nose.
* Try to avoid pets and carpets.
* Having a cup of warm water mixed with about two to three drops of lime juice and a tablespoon of honey is useful in providing relief from this condition.