What is Dark Circles:
Dark circles under the eyes, sometimes called shadows or dark rings under the eyes, are the appearance of dark skin between the lower eyelid and the top of the cheek. Dark circles under eyes usually aren’t a sign of exhaustion or serious illness, though they can make you feel old, unhealthy and tired. Dark circles under eyes affect both men and women, often starting in adulthood, although children can develop dark circles under eyes, too.
Dark Circles Symptoms:
* Anxiety, irritability, and fatigue due to poor quality sleep or insomnia.
* Atopic dermatitis (eczema) due to allergies.
* Bags or mild swelling under the eyes.
* Headache, facial pain, or facial pressure due to a sinus headache or sinusitis (sinus infection).
* Itchy skin and rashes due to allergies.
* Nasal congestion, sneezing, and watery, itchy eyes due to allergies.
Causes of Dark Circles:
Dark circles under the eyes are caused by a lack of sleep, and poor quality sleep and insomnia can certainly cause this condition. However, a variety of other conditions can lead to dark circles under the eyes, some of which are related to lifestyle, such as drinking too much coffee or crying. Other causes are genetic or medically based, such as infection, head or facial trauma, or thin skin on the lower eyelids, which makes the underlying blue-colored veins more visible.
Remedies for Dark Circles:
* Drink plenty of fluids at least 2 liters of water a day to keep the skin smooth and supple.
* Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, especially for people having dark circles under their eyes.
* Vegetables and fruits which are fresh and are rich in fibrous contents keep the system clear of toxins and thus prevent dark circles under the eyes.
* Apply lemon juice on the black circles 2 times a day.
* Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.
* Grated cucumber juice is very useful for dark circles. You can apply it on the eyes the same way you apply potato juice.
* Cold tea bags on the affected eyes and leaving it for a moment is an effective way of removing dark circles.
* Apply crushed mint around the eye.
* One can even apply cream rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin C for reducing the dark circles around the eyes.
* Take a teaspoonful of milk powder and apply honey to it. Put this paste on the skin on the dark circles. It helps in reducing the dark circles.
* Apply almond oil under eyes.
* In the night apply a good company’s under eye gel or cream to reduce the darkness around the eyes.
* Close your eyes and cover your eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.
* Tomato juice is also said to lighten skin colour.
* Abstinence from smoking, drinking, eating junk foods and maintaining a disciplined lifestyle helps in removing dark circles from under the eyes.
* Cotton balls dipped in rose water and then placed on the eyes and left for some time does the miracle of curing or removing the dark circles.