What is Fever:
A fever is usually a sign that something out of the ordinary is going on in your body. For an adult, a fever may be uncomfortable, but fever usually isn’t dangerous unless it reaches 103 F (39.4 C) or higher. For very young children and infants, a slightly elevated temperature may indicate a serious infection.
Fever is an important part of the body’s defense against infection. Many infants and children develop high fevers with minor viral illnesses. While a fever signals to us that a battle might be going on in the body, the fever is fighting for the person, not against.
Symptoms of a Fever:
Depending on what’s causing your fever, additional fever signs and symptoms may include:
* Muscle aches
* Loss of appetite
* General weakness
Causes of Fever:
A fever might be caused by:
* A virus
* A bacterial infection
* Heat exhaustion
* Some drugs
* Extreme sunburn
* A malignant tumor
Home Remedies for Fever:
1. Drink as much water as you can in order to replace fluid loss. It will also help to bring down body temperature.
2. Rest as much as possible.
3. Boil 1 cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds, cook for 5 minutes, cool and drink to reduce the fever.
4. Pour a cup of boiling water into a cup with grind/ cut horseradish root, wait 5 minutes and drink. Repeat 3 times a day.
5. Rub your body with apple cider vinegar. After rubbing it wear warm cloth and get into a warm bed.
6. Make a cup of tea, add a few drops of rum or cognac and drink it.
7. Tie potato slices on the forehead.
8. Take cool bathes, fill a bath tub, submerge and lay down for 5′ approximately. Repeat as needed until the fever is down.
9. If the fever does not exceed 102 degrees let it run its course. It helps the body to fight infection and eliminate toxins.
10. Avoid eating solid foods until the fever is gone. You can replace the foods by drinking plenty of distilled water and/or juices.