What is Throat Pain:
Throat pain may be general or specific to a structure within the throat, such as your tonsils or voice box (larynx). Sometimes soreness or irritation at the back of the tongue can also register as throat pain. A severe throat pain in the neck, while swallowing food or even water could be caused by any sign of trouble from the mouth to the esophagus.
Throat pain, in itself, is not life threatening and may resolve on its own. However, if your pain lasts more than several days, and if it is accompanied by other symptoms, you should contact a medical professional to identify the cause.
Throat Pain Causes:
Throat pain may be caused by
• Chemical exposure.
• Excessive throat clearing.
• Tobacco use.
• Voice strain.
Throat Pain Symptoms:
• Change in voice.
• Dry throat.
• Feelings of itchiness.
• Sore throat.
• Swallowing problems.
• Swollen tonsils.
• Throat lumps or growths.
• Throat pain.
• White patches on the tonsils and throat.
Remedies for Throat Pain:
* Boil a handful of crushed rose petals in a glassful of water. Filter and add honey to taste, and sip it while it is still warm. It relieves soreness and pain in the throat.
* Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper, the juice of 1/4 lemon, and one teaspoon of honey to a cup of hot water. Stir well and drink up to 3 – 4 cups per day.
* One finely cut fresh onion, flavored with half a teaspoon of freshly roasted ground cummin seeds, with rock salt added for taste, is another remedy for pain in the throat.
* Sucking on a hard candy will stimulate saliva production, which will help moisten your dry, irritated throat.
* Mix 1 tsp. lime juice and 1 Tbls. honey. Swallow tiny amounts slowly 2 – 3 times a day.
* Gargle several times a day with warm salt water. Mix 1/2 tsp of salt in 1 cup of water.
* Add a spoonful of bourbon or whiskey to a large glass of warm water and gargle can help numb a sore throat.
* One third of a cup each of fresh spinach juice and carrot juice is cooling and soothing.
* Don’t speak too long and loudly.