What is Insomnia:
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder. People who have insomnia have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or both. As a result, they may get too little sleep or have poor-quality sleep. They may not feel refreshed when they wake up.
Most adults have experienced insomnia or sleeplessness at one time or another in their lives. An estimated 30%-50% of the general population are affected by insomnia, and 10% have chronic insomnia.
Types of Insomnia:
There are 3 different types of insomnia.
• Transient lasting from days to weeks caused by severe depression, stress, another disorder and timing of sleep.
• Acute unable to consistently sleep well and lasts from 3 weeks to 6 months.
• Chronic insomnia goes on for years. It can be caused by a number of factors.
Insomnia symptoms may include:
* Difficulty falling asleep at night
* Awakening during the night
* Awakening too early
* Not feeling well rested after a night’s sleep
* Daytime fatigue or sleepiness
* Irritability, depression or anxiety
* Difficulty paying attention or focusing on tasks
* Increased errors or accidents
* Tension headaches
* Gastrointestinal symptoms
* Ongoing worries about sleep
Psychological health problems such as stress, depression, grief or alcoholism.
* Physical health problems such as asthma, pain or menopause symptoms.
* Medicines such as those taken for asthma.
* Jet lag this is a temporary condition that can cause disturbed sleep patterns, digestion problems and a lack of energy (fatigue) following air travel across a number of time zones.
* Environmental factors such as noise, an uncomfortable bed or being too hot or cold.
* Lifestyle habits, for example, not having a regular sleep routine, eating late at night, drinking alcohol or using stimulants such as nicotine.
* Grind four nutmegs to make a fine powder out of it. Have this powder every night before going to sleep.
* Hot fomentations help to solve the problem of insomnia. Apply hot packs to the spine and have hot foot bath before going to bed.
* Intake a cup of milk with honey. This is effective in curing insomnia.
* Extract fresh juice of Valerian wallichi. Intake 1 tsp of this every night before going to sleep.
* Consuming raw onion salad everyday can solve the problem of sleep.
* Take cabbage juice in your diet as it is helpful in insomnia cure.
* Mix 1 tsp each of juice of celery leaves with stalks and honey. Consume this mixture everyday.
* Take a ripe banana and mash it. Add roasted cumin seeds to it and mix properly. Consume this mashed mix before going to sleep.