Diabetes is a condition where the amount of glucose in your blood is too high because the body cannot use it properly. This is because your pancreas does not produce any insulin, or not enough, to help glucose enter your body’s cells or the insulin that is produced does not work properly.
Diabetes is a defect in the body’s ability to convert glucose (sugar) to energy. Glucose is the main source of fuel for our body. Glucose is then transferred to the blood and is used by the cells for energy. In order for glucose to be transferred from the blood into the cells, the hormone insulin is needed. Insulin is produced by the beta cells in the pancreas (the organ that produces insulin).
* Excessive thirst and appetite
* Increased urination (sometimes as often as every hour)
* Unusual weight loss or gain
* Nausea, perhaps vomiting
* Blurred vision
* In men and women, yeast infections
* Dry mouth
* Slow healing sores or cuts
Causes of Diabetes:
The major cause of diabetes now days are the nutritional efficiency.
* Consumption of diet rich in carbohydrates.
* Stress and mental trauma is another factor that leads to diabetes.
* Decreased physical activities and lack of physical exercise may also cause diabetes.
* Diabetes is said to be running in families thus can be considered as a hereditary factor.
* Certain disease of pancreas may also lead to causing diabetes mellitus.
* An increased weight and obesity condition also interferes in the bodily activities thus causing diabetes mellitus
1. Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add a pinch of salt to it. Mix it in a glass of water. Drink this before every large meal.
2. Half cup juice of karela (bitter gourd) is very effective in treating diabetes.
3. Eating upto 3 grapefruits a day has also been helpful.
4. Consuming leaves of neem and bilva in mornings and evening is very effective in regulating sugar level un blood.
5. For making chapatti use dough made from flour by mixing of wheat, barley and gram is useful in preventing diabetic condition.
6. Garlic, ginger and onions are best options in curing diabetes.
7. Morning and evening walk is very important in diabetic condition.
8. Pinch of pure turmeric powders mixed in amla juice (Indian goose berry) and eat daily in empty stomach.
9. Soya bean that is rich in proteins and minerals like calcium, iron and vitamin like retinol (vitamin A) is quite effective in treating diabetes.
10. Remove the seeds from 1 Bitter Gourd and blend it till it is a liquid. Drink this each morning before you have your breakfast.
11. Mango tree leaves boiled in water and the juice is taken helps in curing diabetes.
12. It is well known that having fish oil caplets is good when you have diabetes. Take one caplet when you wake in the morning and 1 12 hours later or when you go to bed.