What is Bloating:
Bloating is any abnormal general swelling, or increase in diameter of the abdominal area. There’s nothing like bloating to make you feel sluggish and uncomfortable. However, as uncomfortable as the feeling is, it is a universally common problem, which affects almost everyone.
Bloating is a condition of excess gas in the body, feeling abdominal pressure and at the same time feeling full in your stomach, at times feeling though as your stomach is stretched to full extend and or even feeling weighted down.
Symptoms of Bloating:
Usually, stomach bloating is not an isolated symptom, and may often be associated with one or more of the following:
* Tightness in the stomach
* Shortness of breath
* Lower Back pain
Causes of Bloating:
Air swallowing (a nervous habit)
• Gastroesophageal reflux gastroesophageal reflux
• Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
• Lactose intoleranceLactose intolerance and other food intolerances
• Small bowel bacterial overgrowthSmall bowel bacterial overgrowth
• Weight gain
Home Remedies for Bloating:
1. Herbal teas like fennel tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea, chamomile tea etc serve as excellent home remedies for Bloating and Gas.
2. Green salads are great to eat in combination of any of these two groups since green vegetables are digested very quickly. This is so because their high content of water.
3. Probiotics like yogurt and kefir are considered highly beneficial in the natural treatment of Bloating.
4. Don’t swallow too much air. Be aware of how much gulping and talking you do when eating. Too much air intake and you’ll be swelling up faster than you know it.
5. Massaging the stomach with fennel oil helps to relieve bloating related abdominal pain.
6. Avoid some gassy fruits Apples, peaches and pears are known trouble makers, try dropping them for a while and see how it goes.
7. Yoga is regarded as a good natural home remedy for Bloating, Gas and other digestive problems.
8. Take some celery seeds and half its quantity of aniseeds. Having half a teaspoon of this mixture is one of the simplest and most effective natural home remedies for Bloating.
9. Be careful of the types of food you eat together. Some foods eaten at the same time can make it difficult for your digestive system to work properly.
10. Clove oil and eucalyptus oil are also highly recommended natural home remedies for Bloating. Few drops of either of these therapeutic oils should be taken in a glass of water on a regular basis, preferably early in the morning.
11. Drinking little fluids during or right after a meal is important because the fluids tend to dissolve the strength of the enzymes used to process the food. Of course, when this happens, the food stays longer in your stomach and you feel the bloating feeling.
12. Having ginger slices soaked in lemon juice is a tried and tested means of home treatment for Bloating and Gas.