What is High Blood Pressure:
High blood pressure, also known as HBP or hypertension, is a widely misunderstood medical condition. Blood pressure is the force of blood against the walls of arteries. Blood pressure rises and falls during the day. When blood pressure stays elevated over time, it is called high blood pressure. High blood pressure also can result in other conditions, such as congestive heart failure, kidney disease, and blindness.
Symptoms for High Blood Pressure:
Sometimes people with markedly elevated blood pressure may develop.
• Blurred vision,
• Nausea and vomiting, and
• Chest pain and shortness of breath.
Causes for High Blood Pressure:
The exact causes of high blood pressure are not known, but several factors and conditions may play a role in its development, including:
* Being overweight or obese
* Lack of physical activity
* Too much salt in the diet
* Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
Remedies for High Blood Pressure:
1. Powder 100 gm melon seeds and 100 gm poppy seeds (khus-khus). Mix and store in a clean container. Consume 1 tsp with water morning and evening.
2. Honey soothes the nerves and is also helpful in lowering the high blood pressure.
3. Take dry water melon seeds and make its powder form. This powder can be taken 1-2 tablespoon in a glass of water.
4. Make a juice of 25-30 curry leaves with 1 cup of water. Strain and drink first thing in the morning. Lime juice can be added for taste.
5. Carrot and spinach are also helpful in reducing high blood pressure. Extract fresh juice from carrot and spinach and drink a glass of it twice a day.
6. Eat empty stomach one Papita (Papaya) everyday for one month. Do not take anything after this for at least two hours.
7. Mix 1 tsp honey with 1 tsp ginger juice and 1 tsp cumin powder. Have twice a day.
8. Fruits like bananas, oranges, guavas and apples are good in high blood pressure.
9. A clove of garlic is highly recommended for high blood pressure. Chew one clove of garlic first thing every morning and wash it down with water. The garlic can also be coarsely pound and swallowed with water.
10. Also try to avoid red meats. But white meats, especially fish are beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
11. Do exercise and yoga regularly. They will help in reducing body weight, regulating heart beat and thus controlling high blood pressure.
12. In the same manner coriander or fenugreek leaves can be tried they won’t harm in any way and at the same time one can find out what is best suited to their system.