What is Herpes:
Herpes is a very common skin disease. It’s caused by a virus and can affect your mouth (oral) and/or the area around the penis or vagina (genital), upper thighs or buttocks. Most of the time, it is hard to notice herpes, so most people don’t know they have it. Cold sores and fever blisters are an example of herpes in your mouth.
The herpes simples virus is easily human transmissible. It is passed from one person to another by close, direct contact. The most common mode of transmission is through vaginal, anal or oral sex. When somebody becomes infected with HSV, it will generally remain dormant.
* Swollen lymph glands
* Painful inflamed blisters develop around infected area
* Muscle ache
* Vaginal or penis discharge
* Infection of the urethra causing a burning sensation during urination
* A burning sensation in the genitals
* Lower back pain
* Small red bumps may appear in the genital area
Herpes is basically caused by two types of viruses. These viruses are known as the herpes simplex virus 1 and the herpes simplex virus 2. Physical contact with an infected person is primarily the cause of herpes. Sexual intercourse causes genital herpes. If you have sex with an infected person, then there is a great chance that you will also get infected. Oral herpes is also very common among all types of people. Children usually experience oral herpes by having an infected finger then sucking on it.
A healthy diet rich in essential vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin B, vitamin C, zinc, iron and lysine is highly recommended for dealing with Herpes outbreaks.
* The most popular and effective home remedies for herpes is rub ice on the herpes for a few minutes. It would provide instant healing effect.
* Applying Aloe Vera gel on the blisters also provides relief from the herpes.
* Applying carrot extract on the affected area by keeping grated carrots wrapped in a cloth helps in relieving Herpes sores related swelling and pain considerably.
* Prepare black coffee without sugar. After having the coffee, apply the remains in the cup, on the herpes.
* Milk can also be applied, dip or soak ball of cotton in milk and place it on the infected spot.
* Intake a cup of peppermint tea as it would be helpful in lessening the pain and fever.
* Take a tea bag and dip it in a cup of hot water. Apply this warm tea bag on the blisters for half an hour.
* Baking soda is known to relieve skin inflammation such as insect bites. Putting cornstarch or baking soda with cotton ball on the sore or blister area will help calm the itching and soreness.
* Applying a mixture of five drops of eucalyptus oil and the same amount of bergamot oil is useful in healing Herpes sores.