What is Hair Loss:
Hair loss or baldness is usually something only adults need to worry about. But in a few cases teens lose their hair too, and it may be a sign that something’s going on. Hair loss usually develops gradually and may be patchy or all over (diffuse). You lose roughly 100 hairs from your head every day. The average scalp contains about 100,000 hairs.
Losing hair can be stressful during a time when you’re already concerned about appearance. Most of the time, hair loss during the teen years is temporary. With temporary hair loss, the hair usually grows back after the problem that causes it is corrected.
Symptoms of Hair Loss:
Depending on the cause, hair may thin, recede from a hairline, or come out in patches. It may fall out gradually or suddenly.
Causes of Hair Loss:
Hair loss has many causes. The most common is hereditary baldness, or androgenetic alopecia, which is driven by hormonal changes that can affect both women and men. Other common causes include:
• Thyroid problems
• Autoimmune disorders
Hair Loss Remedies:
1. Take uncooked egg yolk and massage it on the scalp. Keep it for an hour and then wash off.
2. Onion has also been found beneficial in patchy baldness. The affected part should be rubbed with onions morning and evening till it is red. It should be rubbed with honey afterwards.
3. In a cup of boiling water, add a tsp of mustard seeds. Cook it for about 5 minutes and allow it to cool. Once cooled, drink this concoction.
4. The application of coconut milk all over the scalp and massaging it into the hair roots is also beneficial in the treatment of hair loss. It nourishes the hair and promotes hair growth.
5. Rub olive oil in the scalp. This would help reduce hair loss.
6. Lettuce is useful in preventing hair loss. A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is believed to help the growth of hair if taken to the extent to half a litre a day.
7. Extract juice from green coriander leaves. Apply this juice on the head. This proves worthwhile in treating hair loss.
8. Amla oil, prepared by boiling dry pieces of amla in coconut oil, is considered a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth.
9. A mixture of an equal quantity of fresh amla juice and lime juice, used as a shampoo also stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss.
10. Smear Red Henna on the scalp and wait for 1 hour, then wash, Repeat for 10-14 days. Be ware your hair will turn red from the henna.
11.The healthy condition of the hair depends, to a very large extent, on the intake of sufficient amounts of essential nutrients in the daily diet.
12. Mix equal amount of warm castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week.
13. Washing the hair with a paste of cooked black gram and fenugreek lengthens the hair.
14. Mustard oil, boiled with henna leaves, is useful for healthy growth of hair.
15. Make a hair pack by mixing amla (Indian goose berry) powder with one egg. Apply it to your hair and leave for half an hour. Wash hair.
Preventions of Hair Loss:
* Do not wash your hair more than 2 times in a week. If you use any shampoo, use only a mild shampoo.
* Do not wash your hair with too hot water.