What is Frequent Urination:
Frequent urination means needing to urinate more often than usual. Urgent urination is a sudden, compelling urge to urinate, along with discomfort in your bladder. Most people typically urinate four to eight times a day.
Needing to go more than eight times a day or waking up in the night to go to the bathroom more than once in the night is considered frequent urination. In addition to being a sign of a medical condition, frequent urination can affect your sleep, work and general well being.
Frequent Urination Symptoms:
The symptoms that are pain, irritation, fatigue, and change in color, texture, or consistency of urine. It can affect your sleep, your sexual and social life, as well as increase thirst and alter hunger and food intake.
Frequent Urination Causes:
Factors that could lead to an overactive bladder include high fluid intake, diabetes, poor kidney function, medications, urinary tract infections, tumors of the bladder, bladder stones, or an excess of caffeine or alcohol.
Frequent Urination Remedies:
* Drink fresh young coconut juice regularly. The juice of young coconut is known for its potency against kidney infections.
* Eliminating caffeine, alcohol, and excessive sugars from your diet can help to decrease frequency of urination.
* Eat food and fruits rich in vitamin C to prevent bacterial infection which can result in frequent urination.
* Do exercises which strengthen the muscles and health of the bladder.
* Have about a glass of fresh cranberry juice everyday as long as the infection lasts. It helps fight infection, especially if the condition is due to UTI.
* Juices of carrots and grapes help to clear the urinary tract.
* Drink lots of water throughout the day. This helps prevent dehydration and flushes out toxins from the body.
* Avoid high sugar drinks and caffeinated drinks.
* Eat yogurt regularly which contains the good bacteria needed by our body.
* You should have lots of fresh plain unflavored yogurt everyday. It has antibacterial properties that help fight infection and prevents growth of bacteria to give relief.
* Pumpkin seeds are rich in fatty acids which have a beneficial effect on the health of the bladder.