The eyes are the windows to the soul because they reflect our state of mind. This certainly can’t be true if our eyes are red, swollen, watery, and itchy from an allergic reaction.
Eye allergy is occurred manly due to sudden dust exposure or for consumption of some trigger elements which causes allergy for the person whose eye has been affected. The eye may turn into red color and the affected patient may feel extreme itchy conditions in eye.
Eye Allergy Symptoms:
Symptoms of eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, include watery, itchy, red, sore, swollen and stinging of the eyes. Itching of the eyes is the most important symptom of allergic conjunctivitis.
Eye Allergy Causes:
causes of allergies, such as certain foods or bee stings, do not typically affect the eyes the way airborne allergens do. Adverse reactions to certain cosmetics or drugs such as antibiotic eye drops also may cause eye allergies.
Eye Allergy Remedies:
1. Rose water is good preventive of eye allergy. Pour 2-3 drops of rose water in the allergy affected eyes and keep shut the eyelids at lest for 5-10 minutes to allow the rose water to be inside the eye and to work on its infection.
2. Wear eye protection such as goggles while mowing the lawn. Do not wear contacts during allergic reactions.
3. For a permanent relief from the eye allergy, create a mixture of Indian gooseberries powder and honey. Consume one tablespoon of the mixture before bedtime and the immunity against the allergy would develop in a couple of weeks.
4. Don’t touch or rub your eyes, especially if your hands are not clean.
5. Drink plenty of liquids and protect your eyes from bright sunlight.
6. Apply warm compresses of black or chamomile tea. The easiest way to make a warm herbal compress is to soak black or chamomile tea bags in warm water and place them over your eyes for about 10 minutes.
7. Clean off your pets’ paws when they come in from outdoors to minimize the allergens they track into the house.
8. Avoid wearing eye make up.
9. Wash your hair at the end of the day to remove any pollen from your hair before going to sleep.
10. Keep your bed and surroundings free of dust and other allergens.