What is an Earache:
Earache is very common medical problem for both children and adults. An earache can be a sharp, dull, or burning pain in one or both ears. The pain may be temporary or constant. An earache can affect one or both ears and can vary from a mild, dull ache to a throbbing or stabbing pain that is nearly incapacitating.
Earache is more common in children than it is in adults. The pain from earache can be constant or it may come and go. It can feel like a burning sensation or a sharp, or dull, pain. It can affect both ears at once or just one ear.
Ear Aches Causes:
Common causes of earaches include:
* Ear infection
* Changes in pressure
* Eear wax buildup
* A foreign object in ear
* Sore throat
* Sinus infection
* Shampoo or water in the ear
* Use of cotton swabs in the ear
Ear Ache Symptoms:
* Excessive pain
* Difficulty in eating
* Hearing loss
* Ringing or buzzing sound in the ear
* Swelling of the ear
Ear Aches Remedies:
1. Warm some licorice in ghee and prepare a paste out of it. Apply this mixture externally over the ear. This would help you relieve of the pain.
2. Apart from earaches olive oil can also cure buzzing in the ears. The olive oil should be only slightly warm before being put into the ear canal to relieve ear pain.
3. A whole onion should be cooked till it is soft and then it should be wrapped in a piece of cloth and applied over the ear to provide relief from earache and dizziness. Leave it on for a few minutes and then apply to the other ear as well.
4. Warm some sesame oil and immerse a few leaves of the castor plant. Dab this oil around the ear.
5. Extract some ginger juice and put a few drops of it in the ear. Warm this and put four drops of it. This would help treat earache.
6. Another good earache home treatment is juice freshly squeezed out from peppermint leaves. This juice can be inserted in the aching ear to provide pain relief.
7. Add fenugreek seed to mustard or linseed oil. Warm this oil and filter it. Once cooled, put it in each ear in four to five drops.
8. Another good earache home treatment can be prepared by warming tiny pieces of chopped radish in mustard oil and this oil can then be filtered into a glass bottle. In case of an earache, a few drops of this oil can be inserted into the affected ear to provide pain relief.
9. If the earache is due to flying, pop in some candy or chewing gum. Work the throat muscle as this would relieve from the earache.
10. Grind some basil leaves to form a paste. Warm this at room temperature. Once it becomes at a bearable temperature, put four to five drops of this oil in the ears.
Some earaches may be preventable. Preventive measures include:
* Avoiding smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke
* Keeping foreign objects out of the ear
* Drying the ears after swimming or bathing
* Avoiding allergy triggers, such as dust and pollen