What is Drug Addiction:
Drug addiction is a dependence on an illegal drug or a medication. When you’re addicted, you may not be able to control your drug use and you may continue using the drug despite the harm it causes.
The issue of drug addiction is often overshadowed by the many of the country’s other human development problems, such as poverty, illiteracy and lack of basic health care. But the fact is, drug abuse is rapidly growing in Pakistan and in South Asia in general. While Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Maldives all suffer from this.
Causes of Drug Addiction:
Causes of Drug Addiction are many including:
4. Major sickness/illness
5. Death of a loved one
Drug Addiction Symptoms:
* Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly.
* Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug.
* Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug.
* Spending money on the drug, even though you can’t afford it.
* Doing things to obtain the drug that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing.
* Feeling that you need the drug to deal with your problems.
* Driving or doing other risky activities when you’re under the influence of the drug.
* Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug.
Drug Addiction Treatment:
1. Grapes: It is one of the most popular and effective home remedies for controlling alcoholic addiction. Whenever you feel like having a drink take a glass of grape juice or eat few grapes.
2. Bitter Gourd: Take some bitter gourd juice mixed with butter milk every morning to curb addiction.
3. Celery: Celery is an excellent home remedy against addiction as the juice obtained from celery makes the alcoholics sober. It must be mixed with water and consumed daily for over a month for best results.
4. Raw Almonds: These are useful in reducing addiction caused by alcohol.
5. Skullcap: This herb is commonly used to manage the withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
6. Fruit Juices: Include lots of juices in your diet as it can control the craving for consuming hard drinks.
7. Salami: Eat a sandwich made out of salami and butter on ciabatta bread, which would absorb a fair amount of alcohol from body.
8. Dates: Dates are easily accessible and are quite effective in curing alcoholic addiction. Rubbed dates in water consumed daily can make a significant improvement in the addiction of people suffering from this disorder.