What is Dengue Fever:
Dengue is a disease caused by any one of four closely related viruses (DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3, or DEN-4). The viruses are transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected mosquito. It is found mostly during and shortly after the rainy season in tropical and subtropical areas.
The disease has also been termed “break bone” or “dandy fever” because the unusually severe muscle and joint pains can make people assume distorted body positions or exaggerated walking movements in an effort to reduce their pain.
Dengue Fever Causes:
Dengue fever is caused by one of four different but related viruses. It is spread by the bite of mosquitoes, most commonly the mosquito Aedes aegypti, which is found in tropic and subtropic regions.
Dengue Fever Symptoms:
Dengue fever begins with a sudden high fever, often as high as 104-105 degrees Fahrenheit. Other symptoms include:
• Headache (especially behind the eyes)
• Joint aches
• Muscle aches
• Swollen lymph nodes
Dengue Fever Remedies:
* It is a fact that there is no cure for dengue fever and therefore it is a much feared fatal illness. However, recently there has been a lot written about papaya leaves that seem to prove itself as a cure to dengue fever.
* Only two spoonfuls of raw papaya leaves juice, taken once a day can help dengue patients increase their platelet count and therefore overcome the fever.
Dengue Fever Prevention:
* Aerosol and liquid spray has to be applied directly to the adult mosquito for effective killing, e.g. household pesticides.
* Mosquito coil and electric mosquito mat/liquid has to be placed near possible entrance, such as window, for mosquito.
* Wear long sleeved clothes and long trousers when going outdoors. Bodies could be protected from mosquito bite.
* Mosquito bed net could be used when the room is not air conditioned.
* Regular use Of onion soaked in vinegar this home remedy gives effective protection against many types of fevers including dengue.