What is Cracked Heel:
Cracked Heels are very common. They can be painful, unattractive, and very upsetting especially to those of us who love sandals. The skin is normally dry and may have a thick callus which appears as yellow or dark brown discolored area of skin, especially along the inside border of the heel. Cracks in the skin are usually obvious.
Cracked Heel Causes:
List of the common causes of cracked heels are
* Natural dry skin
* Diseases and disorders
* Ill fitting footwear
* Environmental or climate effect
* Prolonged standing
* Wearing shoes with an open back
* Heel Spurs
* Flat feet
* Improperly fitting shoes
* Athlete’s foot
Cracked Heel Remedies:
1. Mix papaya and lemon juice, apply on the affected area and wash off after 20 minutes.
2. Massage your heels with sesame oil before going to bed. This is supposedly the best remedy for cracked heels.
3. Coat your feet in raw honey and cover with thick socks before going to bed at night. This not only softens your feet, but helps heal fissures as well.
4. Mix glycerin and rosewater together and apply in on the heels daily. This soothes and cures cracked heels real quick.
5. Always wash your feet properly whenever you come from outside. Sleep after washing your feet.
6. Rubbing pumic stone too is helpful in clearing the dead dull skin.
7. Take 1/4th bucket of water and squeeze one lemon in it, soak your feet in this and wash it with pumice stone and soap. Do this twice a week.
8. Never wear shoes in wet legs and never wear wet soaks.
9. Massage your feet with coconut oil every night. With the dawn, scrub and rinse off.
10. Daily apply a mixture of rosewater and glycerin. It soothes your heels and cures them fast.
11. Mix sodium bicarbonate in luke warm water and soak your feet in it. Wash off with a pumice stone. Helps in exfoliation.
12. Remember, the sugar scrub? Mix sugar with some oil, (olive, coconut, jojoba oil, just any oil) and scrub your feet with it. It is the sweetest cure for cracked heels.