What is Breast Cancer:
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts in the cells of the breast. A malignant tumor is a group of cancer cells that can grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body. The disease occurs almost entirely in women, but men can get it, too.
After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women in the world. But breast cancer rates have fallen in recent years, though doctors aren’t certain why. Still, for many women, breast cancer is the disease they fear most.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer:
* Swelling of all or part of the breast
* Skin irritation or dimpling
* Breast pain
* Nipple pain or the nipple turning inward
* Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
* A nipple discharge other than breast milk
* A lump in the underarm area
Sometimes there are no symptoms of breast cancer when it is in the early stages. If you notice a lump, or are experiencing anything unusual, you must report the symptoms to your doctor as soon as possible.
Breast Cancer Causes:
It’s not clear what causes breast cancer. Doctors know that breast cancer occurs when some breast cells begin growing abnormally. These cells divide more rapidly than healthy cells do. The accumulating cells form a tumor that may spread (metastasize) through your breast, to your lymph nodes or to other parts of your body.
Breast Cancer Remedies:
* Garlic: Eat raw garlic cloves or in powder form as it makes good anti cancer agent.
* Broccoli contains linamarase gene that when present inside cancer cells can breakdown into cyanide and effectively kill the tumor cell.
* Grapes contain a compound that leads to effective treatment of breast cancer.
* Vitamin D intake has been associated with lower risk of breast cancer. This can be found in milk, eggs, cod liver oil but not in cheese and yogurt.
* Prepare herbal green tea by boiling some amount in a glass of water till it reduces to half. This has anti-inflammatory properties and is very effective against breast cancer.
* It is good to have cucumber, carrot, banana, corn, spinach, peas and lentils by a patient suffering from cancer. These can be consumed as soup or lentils as sprouts as they are rich in protein.
* Lignans are present in cashews, strawberries, flax seed, sunflower and peanuts as this slows down the rate of progression of cancer.
* It is important to consume calcium especially in the pre-menopausal period for women. It has been shown to reduce breast cancer risk several times.
* It is advised to cut down on hot dogs, beef, lamb and pork as they contain high amount of saturated fats. Eating less quantities of this red meat will reduce the risk of prostate and colon cancer.
* Soybean is one of the known diets that are considered to be must for breast cancer patients.