What is Breast Cancer:
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts in the cells of the breast. A malignant tumor is a group of cancer cells that can grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body. The disease occurs almost entirely in women, but men can get it, too.
Breast cancer is cancer originating from breast tissue, most commonly from the inner lining of milk ducts or the lobules that supply the ducts with milk. Cancers originating from ducts are known as ductal carcinomas, those originating from lobules are known as lobular carcinomas. After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women in the world. But breast cancer rates have fallen in recent years, though doctors aren’t certain why. Still, for many women, breast cancer is the disease they fear most.
Types of Breast Cancer:
* DCIS Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
* IDC Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
* ILC Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
* IBC Inflammatory Breast Cancer
* LCIS Lobular Carcinoma In Situ
* MBC Male Breast Cancer
* Paget’s Disease of the Nipple
* Phyllodes Tumors of the Breast
* Recurrent and Metastatic Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Symptoms:
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer may include:
* A breast lump or thickening that feels different from the surrounding tissue
* Bloody discharge from the nipple
* Change in the size or shape of a breast
* Changes to the skin over the breast, such as dimpling
* Inverted nipple
* Peeling, scaling or flaking of the nipple or breast skin
* Redness or pitting of the skin over your breast, like the skin of an orange
Sometimes there are no symptoms of breast cancer when it is in the early stages. If you notice a lump, or are experiencing anything unusual, you must report the symptoms to your doctor as soon as possible.
Breast Cancer Causes:
It’s not clear what causes breast cancer. Doctors know that breast cancer occurs when some breast cells begin growing abnormally. These cells divide more rapidly than healthy cells do. The accumulating cells form a tumor that may spread (metastasize) through your breast, to your lymph nodes or to other parts of your body.
Breast Cancer Stages:
There are four stages of breast cancer.
* Stage 0 (carcinoma in situ)
* Stage I
* Stage II
* Stage IIIA
* Stage IIIB
* Stage IIIC
* Stage IV
In stage IV, the cancer has spread to other organs of the body, most often the bones, lungs, liver, or brain.
Breast Cancer Remedies:
* Garlic: Eat raw garlic cloves or in powder form as it makes good anti cancer agent.
* Broccoli: When this is taken in raw form, it has the power to kill the tumor cells.
* Beans: Fava beans contain much herein, which has shown to block carcinogens in the digestive tract. And soy beans are especially rich in isoflavones, which appears to reduce the risk of breast cancer by blocking the tumor growing influence of estrogen.
* Whole Wheat: Scientist found that the more whole grain there is in a woman’s diet, the lower her risk of breast cancer, as well as heart disease.
* Grapes: Grapes contain a compound that leads to effective treatment of breast cancer.
* Green Tea: Prepare herbal green tea as it has anti inflammatory properties.
* Lignans: Lignans are present in cashews, strawberries, flax seed, sunflower and peanuts as this slows down the rate of progression of cancer.
Eat food low in fat and high in fiber , reduce caffeine intake and avoid non vegetarian food items. Supplement your diet with flex oil , fish oil and vitamin E & C.