What is Body Odor:
Body odor is present both in animals and humans and its intensity can be influenced by many factors. Body odor has a strong genetic basis both in animals and humans, but it can be also strongly influenced by various diseases and psychological conditions.
Body odor is a perceived unpleasant smell our bodies can give off when bacteria that live on the skin break down sweat into acids, some say it is the smell of bacteria growing on the body, but it really is the result of bacteria breaking down protein into certain acids.
Causes of Body Odor:
* Strong medicines
* Prolonged illness
* Skin problems
* Gastrointestinal problems
Symptoms Of Body Odor:
Body odor may accompany other symptoms that vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Symptoms that often affect the endocrine system may also involve other body systems.
Home Remedies for Body Odor:
* To prevent body odor, drink a glass of water in the morning, on an empty stomach, along with 500 mg wheat grass. The chlorophyll present in the grass will help in reducing body odor.
* You can also apply baking soda to your armpits as well as to your feet, to reduce body odor.
* While bathing, add alcohol or white vinegar to a mug of water and use it to rinse the armpits. This will definitely help in lessening the body odor.
* Take showers, at least thrice in a day, in the summer season, when one tends to sweat a lot.
* Tea tree is an anti bacterial herb. Make a deodorant by mixing 2 drops of the essential oil and one ounce of water.
* During summers, you can apply the baby powder or talc to your armpits, in place of deodorants.
* Mix 10 drops of the essential oil in 30 ml water. Apply this mixture on the armpits to reduce body odor.
* Merge tomato juice with fresh sage leaves and apply on the area for 10 minutes before bathing. This is another Good Home Remedy for Body Odor.
* To reduce the pH of the skin and eliminate armpit odor, one can use apple cider vinegar instead of deodorant. Put it in a mug of water and use it to rinse the armpits, while bathing.
* Turnip juice is also effective in removing body odor. Grate a turnip and squeeze the grated pieces to extract the juice. Apply this juice on your underarms.