What is an Age Spots:
Age spots are marks on the surface of the skin that are brown, black, or even gray in color, and range from freckle sized to larger than a centimeter across. Age spots may appear in a cluster, or alone. They are also known as liver spots, and more scientifically, solar lentigines.
True age spots are harmless and don’t need treatment, but they can look like cancerous growths. For cosmetic reasons, age spots can be lightened with skin-bleaching products or removed. However, preventing age spots by avoiding the sun and using sunscreen may be the easiest way to maintain your skin’s youthful appearance and to avoid these dark skin spots.
Causes Of Age Spots:
Age spots involve changes in the person’s skin color, often occurring in person’s who are older. The increase in color may be brought on by aging itself, exposure to the sun or other types of ultraviolet light, or other causes. The natural school of thought suggests age spots may be caused by lack of exercise, poor diet, sun exposure, ingestion of rancid oils, or poor liver function.
Signs and Symptoms of Age Spots:
Age spots can show up in a variety of sizes on the skin. Some of them may be really small like a freckle, and some of them will come together making them look a lot larger than what they are. The age spots can show up as an increased pigmentation on your skin that are flat and oval in shape, and they are usually brown, black or gray in color. They also occur where you have had the most sun exposure. An example of this would be the back of your hands, on your shoulders, on the top of your feet, and on the upper part of your back.
Home Remedies for Age Spots:
* Rub fresh aloe vera juice on the spots twice daily for two months.
* Rub castor oil on the spots every morning and evening.
* Drink 8-10 glass of water every day. include fruit juices in your diet. it is very useful in age spot removal.
* Apply vitamin E cream to effected area and take vitamin E supplements. it is very useful in age spot removal.
* Eat four fresh bilberries daily, or take 80 to 160 mg of bilberry extract.
* Apply some sandalwood paste to affected area.
* Finely chop up an onion, extract its juice, and try applying it to sun spots. The acidity of the onion juice can induce skin peeling, which has a bleaching effect.
* The citric acid in lemons makes this fruit one of the strongest natural skin lightening remedies. After dabbing lemon juice on age spots twice a day for two months, dark spots should begin to fade.
* Cucumber Slices of cucumber or its juice is very effective in removing age spots.
* Butter milk and tomato juice can be applied over age spots to get encouraging results in removal of spots.
* Raw papaya can be grated and rubbed on the spotted area and is washed after few minutes. This must be followed every day to get good results.
* Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with one teaspoon of orange juice. Apply on a cotton pad and bandage it to the area.
* Apply fresh lemon juice to the spots twice daily.