What is Acne Scars:
The appearance of acne scars on our skin can be a source of anxiety and frustration because they deal a big blow to a person’s self image. This is especially true when the acne scars are at a place like our faces where they are clearly visible to all people. It is therefore important to do everything you possible can in order to prevent acne scars from happening to you.
Some people recover from this skin condition without any long term negative effects, but unfortunately many teens and adults are left with unsightly acne scars that can be embarrassing as well as hard to get rid of.
Acne Scars Causes:
Unprotected exposure to sun. Popping the pimples & zits. Squeezing or popping the pimples creates small craters in the skin, making it difficult to remove acne scars. Hormonal & genetic reasons. Some more causes of acne scars are diet, unhygienic conditions and stress.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars:
1. Applying ice on face helps to tighten pores and to reduce secretion of acne causing sebum.
2. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A that hinders overproduction of sebum that causes acne. Vitamin A also has antioxidant qualities that refreshes and renews scarred and damaged skin.
3. Cucumber juice is an ideal skin toner, which improves texture of skin. Cucumber reduces inflammation, soothes the skin and heals the scars caused by acne.
4. Massage olive oil on the scarred skin. Olive oil has a moisturizing quality that softens the skin’s texture and reduces visibility of acne scars.
5. Apple cider vinegar it is a good toner that helps to clear up the scars and acne marks.
6. Honey is a natural moisturizer, which is used in the treatment of acne scars. Intake of honey and application of honey mask on the face are found to be effective in acne scar treatment.
7. 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, and a few drops of lemon juice. Pat the mixture onto acne scars, leave on for 10 minutes, and rinse off.
8. Include fruits and vegetables in your daily diet to reduce acne scars.
9. You can make a paste out of fenugreek leaves and use it as a face mask. You can also boil Fenugreek seeds in water and use the solution on acne scars after it cools down.
10. Application of Lavender oil on the acne scars can revitalize the skin as it has regenerative properties.
11. Dab some egg whites onto acne scars using a cotton ball and leave on overnight to prevent acne and treat acne scars.
12. It is commonly used for cleaning oily skin, skin pores and scars due to acne. A face pack prepared from mixture of fuller’s earth and rose water can be applied on face.