Put together a master list of beauty items you’d need to have for a professional makeup artist kit. There are tons of suggestions for basic makeup kits, but not as many for those are just starting out as a makeup artist or for those who are taking steps to become more professional. Whether you’re an aspiring makeup artist or just a makeup addict who wants an amazing kit for yourself and friends, here’s the key items you’ll want.
* Buy a makeup bag or case. If you have a lot of makeup, getting a makeup case with separate compartments is a good idea. This will make it easier for you to organize your makeup. Make sure that the makeup bag or case you buy is big enough for all of your makeup.
* Decide on your basic makeup look. This will determine what items you need to put in your makeup kit.
* Gather all of your makeup. Make sure that you have concealer, foundation, blush or bronzer, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, brow pencils, lip liner, lip gloss, lip stick and powder.
* Figure out what applicators, brushes and accessories you need in your makeup kit. An eyelash curler, pencil sharpener and brow brush are all items to consider.
* Find a mirror. Your makeup bag may have a mirror. If it does, make sure that it is large enough for you to see your entire face. Consider getting a stand for your mirror.
* Throw in some baby wipes. This will make cleaning your hands easy if you put makeup on in the car, on the bus or anywhere else without a sink.
* Add a travel toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss. A pearly white smile makes your makeup look better.