Today we’re going back to the basics and we’re starting with foundation application. We’ve already learned not to go against the grain in our Foundation Direction tutorial and now we’re taking it a step further. When you apply your foundation, always start in the middle of your face and work outwards. This way, the concentration of product is in the center (where we need it the most) and thinnest along your hairline. The right foundation will even out your skin tone and give you the appearance of flawless skin. But you have to do it right, otherwise you risk looking like a clown. Follow these steps for a flawless complexion.
1. Squeeze a nickel sized amount of foundation onto the palm of your hand to slightly warm it up with your body temperature. Dip the brush into the product to load it up.
2 .Start in the center of your nose and imagine it’s the center of a star. Draw each star point by tracing the brush in a line from the center to your forehead, then back again from the center to your left cheek, then from the center to your jaw, then from the center to your chin, etc. Once you’ve drawn all of the star points, do not re-load the brush with product but simply use it (or your fingers or a sponge) to blend and distribute what you’ve already applied to include the rest of your face.
3. Finally, go back and re-load the brush into the remaining foundation in the palm of your hand (there shouldn’t be much left) and apply it all over your neck. It’s important to make sure your face and neck match, but if you’re wearing a collared shirt or a turtleneck sweater, make sure to blot your neck with a tissue after so it doesn’t transfer onto your clothing.
4. Set the foundation with loose powder immediately after application.
What You Need:
1. Makeup sponge or foundation brush
2. Foundation for your skin type
4. Moisturizing sunscreen