Concealer is a beauty essential that can brighten up a tired face, cover up unsightly sunspots, blemishes, and make away with under eye circles. This article will teach you how to properly choose and apply concealer for a beautiful complexion.
Concealer is the one staple in a woman’s beauty arsenal that can dramatically change your appearance. Used correctly, concealer can brighten a tired face, it can cover up blemishes and it can totally conceal under-eye circles. In fact, many beauty editors use concealer primarily and skip foundation completely.
The Best Way To Apply Concealer:
To properly apply concealer, follow these directions:
* Apply several dots of concealer under the eyes close to the lashes. Apply a dot to the inside corners of the eyes. You can use your finger or, for best results, try a small headed brush with firm bristles.
* Using the pad of your middle finger, tap in the concealer (always tap, never rub). Make sure to blend well. You can also use your index finger. There’s no real rule to it, but I find the middle finger tends to be more gentle.
* Apply concealer on other uneven spots on the face including the chin, and around the nose and mouth if need be and tap in.
* Apply another layer if you need more coverage.
* Dust fine, loose powder over your face to set your concealer. According to makeup artist Scott Barnes in Allure Magazine, loose powder applied with a fluffy brush is “the secret to good concealer.